When it comes to the cloud and digital transformation of the enterprise, it's always useful to come back to the fact that physical geography matters to our digital world.
Moving the data center off-premises or shifting data and workloads to the cloud doesn’t dematerialize this fact. You still need wires that connect to servers that sit in a rack at a hyperscaler or neutral data center facility.
More than ever, enterprises need to understand the market landscape and pricing structure at what were once “colocation” facilities. (Which were once only interesting to service providers and ISPs.)
To help us navigate the world of data center operators and pricing, Greg welcomes TeleGeography's resident interconnection expert Jon Hjembo.
From This Episode
- Where Is the Cloud Moving in 2022 and Beyond?
- 2021 WAN in Review
- Understanding the Multicloud-Verse of Madness
- Corporate Data Center Geography, Explained
- Here's How You Should Remember the 2021 WAN
- About the WAN Manager Survey
- Discover the Data Center Research Service
- Join the WAN Forum